Net curtains serve as window coverings and as an attractive element as well. Dirt warms and dust easily gets settled on the curtains. You will have to clean the net curtains regularly to maintain them in a proper way. Here are a few methods that will help you to know about the methods to clean the net curtains.
- You will have to clean the curtains before you wash them. Cleaning the curtains before washing helps you to remove all the dust and dirt particles that have remained on the curtains.
- Remove the curtains from the rod and put the curtains in the washing machine. If there are stains on the curtains, try to remove them as much as possible before washing the curtains.
- If you soak the curtains before washing them in a detergent powder, then it is even easier to remove the stains and dirt.
- You can make use of vinegar and baking soda to clean the curtains. Vinegar and baking soda help you to remove all the stains properly and that will make your curtain look new and attractive.
- Add some amount of baking soda and vinegar in a bucket and then pour Luke warm water or cold water. Then put the curtains inside and allow them to soak for a few hours. Then try to rub the curtains if there are any remaining stains in the curtain.
- After rubbing the stains, rinse the curtains in fresh water. Repeat rinsing process until the foam gets away completely. Then dry your curtains outside.
Washing the curtains:
- After pre-cleaning the Curtains and Blinds you will have to wash them with a suitable detergent. You can wash the curtains either in the washing machine or with the help of hands.
- If the curtains are very gentle, then cleaning in the machine is not advisable. It would be better if you clean the curtains with your hands.
- Do not over rub or over scrub the curtains; they may damage the fiber of your curtains. Try to rub and rinse it in a very gentle way.
- At the time of rinsing the curtains, add a few drops of fabric softener and vinegar for better results. Fabric softener helps your curtain fabric to get softer and the vinegar helps your curtain to remain fresh and attractive.
Steps to be taken:
- Do not tumble dry your Curtain and Blinds. It may cause wrinkles on the curtains. If your curtain is in dark color then avoid drying the curtains in heavy sunlight.
- Try to dry in a mid-range sunlight area. Ironing the curtains, net curtains, in particular, is very hard and risky. It may damage your curtain. Hence try to damp the curtains before drying to avoid wrinkles.
Thus, these are the steps to be followed to clean the net curtains. As it is net curtain, you will have to clean it properly and should be careful. Net curtains get damaged easily. Hence proper cleaning, proper usage of cleaning solutions and proper drying is very important.